Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

Oatmeal Muffins
- change this recipe easily to accompany what you have on hand! (*see below)

Mix together:
1 cup buttermilk (I use milk, buttermilk makes them fluffier though)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg

Add and stir until just moistened:
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips - however many you want!  I sprinkle a few on top of each muffin, instead of mixing in the batter.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Makes 12 muffins.

*SUBSTITUTIONS:  Can lessen the oil and use applesauce or yogurt.  Sprinkle raisins, nuts, or chocolate chips on top.  Also, if I have ground flaxseed, I usually add a heaping spoonful of that to the batter, or sprinkle it on top with my chocolate chips. Another add in - peanut butter.  Have not tried this one, but sounds good.  If you try it, let me know how it turns out!

I am a choco-holic in every sense of the word.  Breakfast, lunch, supper, and in between.  So my muffins have to have chocolate chips!! :) I made a double batch this morning.  I Throw most of them in the freezer, then when I'm hungry, I pull one out, nuke it, and I got myself a fairly healthy snack!

1 comment:

  1. I also have stirred in grated carrots or apples!This recipe is great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments - Next best thing to chocolate! :) Please let me know you visited!